- 23 misinterpretations,
- 28 contradictory statements,
- 31 untraceable or suspect sources,
- 45 failures to reflect uncertainty,
- 66 over-simplifications or factual errors,
- 78 exaggerations and over a hundred unsupported dogmatic statements, many of them quite outlandish.
Dr David Evans (soon to tour with Lord Monckton) has pointed out some interesting items about Professor Flannery:
Tim Flannery made several bogus predictions about never ending drought and of various Australian cities running out of water, which encouraged those cities to buy unnecessary desalination plants. Now we find out Flannery was working for Siemens, and Siemens makes parts for desalination plants, and Siemens got fined $2 billion by the US and Europe for winning government contracts by bribery. Flannery says his work for Siemens was "voluntary". He does not ever have an undergraduate degree in science, but in English. So, obviously, the ABC and the ALP go to him for climate science rather than a real quantitative scientist who has not made wildly wrong predictions -- what does Flannery have to do to rule himself out? (What did Upton Sinclair say, about a man not seeing something if his job depended on not seeing it?)Is the other Professor, Professor Will Steffen, a climate scientist? To again quote David Evans:
No, he's a crystallographer (Chemistry) His papers are all about the effects of the IPCC's projected changes, not on understanding or modeling the climate. If the IPCC is wrong, all his papers and his position and his unit at the ANU are all worthless.Professor Steffen was on radio with Steve Price and Andrew Bolt and couldn't answer a direct question.
Listen here ( about half way along).
1. There is no doubt that the climate is changing. The evidence is overwhelming and clear.
OK so far. Climate has been changing since the beginning of time.
Global surface temperature is rising fast; the last decade was the hottest on record - See Ice Age Now here and TCS here.
3. Human activities – the burning of fossil fuels and deforestation – are triggering the changes we are witnessing in the global climate. This is an unproven, in fact falsified, hypothesis.
Professor Bob Carter is leading a team of scientists who will make an analysis and rebuttal of this report. He has already addressed most of the matters in articles he has written:
A Dozen Global Warming Slogans and Global Warming - an essential reference.