From the MailOnLine:
- • Co-founder Patrick Moore says organisation doesn't care about people
- • He cites example of a GM-rice which would help millions if widely produced
- • Dr Moore says fact that Greenpeace oppose crop shows it is 'evil'
- • Comes after the ecologist quit the group because it became 'too political'
- Ecologist Dr Patrick Moore, who quit Greenpeace in 1986, has launched a scathing criticism of the activist group, which he insisted has lost its humanitarian roots.
His attack on the organisation he helped create comes as former Environment Secretary Owen Paterson campaigns against the 'self-serving' and 'highly-paid' network of environmental pressure groups he calls the 'green blob'. (LINK)
Dr Moore told BBC Radio 4's Today Programme: 'My problem with Greenpeace is they have lost any humanitarian roots they had.
'When we started Greenpeace it was to stop nuclear war and the destruction of human civilisation, that of course is the "peace" in Greenpeace.
'The "green" is the environment and that's good as well, but they lost the concerns for humans... They have turned, basically, into an evil organisation.'Read More HERE