|Cartoons by Josh|
Craig Kelly, member for Hughes does his homework and talks the language of his electorate. (Last week Craig attended the funeral of Professor Bob Carter.)
- We are coming to the peak of production of oil; and so inevitable fuel cutback which might help the fight against climate change;
- Governments would be spending even more money defending their low-lying areas;
- Oil prices 2 or 3 times what they were then;
- increased problems of Hurricanes and Insurance losses;
- problems of water unavailability - Warragamba Dam would never again be full;
- sea levels to rise;
- arctic ice to melt
|Waste on Kurnell NSW Desal Plant Source|
- Oil then 62.80/barrel prediction (2 or 3 times) - 125.60 -184.40 but has halved (See which way will oil price go?)
- Arctic see ice levels higher than what they’ve been at any time over the last decade (prediction period)
- Warragamba Dam for two year 80% full and now lapping at the brims at 95%. Now NSW taxpayers are paying half a million dollars per day for a rusting unneeded desalination plant.
Craig says that, every time we have a difficult problem, we should put Flannery in a room and ask what his prediction is and then do the exact opposite.
Flannery said Insurance claims would go through the roof. The exact opposite has happened. In their annual review of insurance payout s for 2015, Re-insurer Munich Re paid out $27 billion - well below the 10 year average of $56 billion.
"In the first ever universal climate agreement, leaders the world over have marked the end of the fossil fuel era and provided a catalyst for what could be the greatest period of technological innovation in the history of mankind."The era of renewable energy is upon us."
- Unneeded Desal Plants;
- $8billion on unnecessary Wind Turbines;
- $20 billion on renewable energy subsidies;
- Many Government "Climate Hoax" Departments and subsidies.
Tim Flannery - Australian of the Year 2007 - has made a mockery of the award.