This blog has previously cited the study by Dr. Gabriel Alvarez from King Juan Carlos University:
One green job means a loss of 2.2 jobs in other sectors.You compare the created jobs with the jobs that have not been created because you pulled resources away from the rest of the economy you find out that for every job you were creating at least 2.2 jobs were not created or were destroyed by this policy. (back-up link)
Now from Canada:
Brian Lilley of TheRebel.media warns that when you look at what is happening, and who caused it, you need to worry about Ontario's disease spreading to the rest of Canada.
Electricity woes knock Napanee out of the race for Goodyear expansion
Prince Edward County mayor Robert Quaiff says someone close to the situation told the Ontario Warden’s Caucus today the concerns surrounding dependable electricity in Napanee coupled with rising hydro rates fueled the decision.
Another source to our newsroom who is also close to the situation agrees the decision had a lot to do with energy insecurity plus costs as well as the locations of other car manufacturing plants. We`re told Goodyear will be making an official announcement in the coming days.
Gerald Butts says:
Truth be told, we don't think there ought to be carbon based energy industry by the middle of this century.
Brian Lilley says to think about what comes from oil
- everything from the gas you put in your car;
- the case around your i-phone;
- Alkenes (olefins), which can be manufactured into plastics or other compounds
- Lubricants (produces light machine oils, motor oils, and greases, adding viscosity stabilizers as required)
- Wax, used in the packaging of frozen foods, among others
- Sulfur or Sulfuric acid. These are useful industrial materials. Sulfuric acid is usually prepared as the acid precursor oleum, a byproduct of sulfur removal from fuels.
- Bulk tar
- Petroleum coke, used in speciality carbon products or as solid fuel
- Paraffin wax
- Aromatic petrochemicals to be used as precursors in other chemical production
What we saw from both these reports are that Green Jobs cost and also create unemployment.