|CAGW? or The Black Knight?|
For years, we at ACS have been waiting to say those words.
Although the CAGW hoax has been falsified multiple times, although the fraudulent hockey stick has been exposed, although even as atmospheric CO2 keeps growing there has been no warming for almost 18 years, like Monty Python's Black Knight, they refuse to lie down and accept their fate.
Two major multi-volume reports on global warming were released in 2013 and so far in 2014, one by the United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and one by the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change (NIPCC).
NIPCC is an international network of some 50 independent scientists from 15 countries, many of them distinguished and with no financial stake in the debate. Their new report consists of two volumes, each approximately 1,000 pages long, together citing nearly 6,000 peer-reviewed studies.
And what did the scientists, with the help of those 6,000 peer-reviewed studies, find?
- There is no scientific consensus on the human role in climate change.
- Future warming due to human greenhouse gases will likely be much less than IPCC forecasts.
- Carbon dioxide has not caused weather to become more extreme, polar ice and sea ice to melt, or sea level rise to accelerate. These were all false alarms.
- The likely benefits of man-made global warming exceed the likely costs. Here is what this means for public policy:
- Global warming is not a crisis. The threat was exaggerated.
- There is no need to reduce carbon dioxide emissions and no point in attempting to do so.
- It’s time to repeal unnecessary and expensive policies.
- Future policies should aim at fostering economic growth to adapt to natural climate change.
What about those who still say global warming is a crisis?
- The UN’s new report walks back nearly a dozen earlier claims, contains more than a dozen errors, and tries to cover up new discoveries that contradict its earlier claims.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) relies heavily on the UN’s reports for its finding that carbon dioxide is a pollutant. That finding is now falsified.
- Environmental groups refuse to admit they were wrong. It was never about the science for them.
For more information, visit http://www.climatechangereconsidered.org orhttp://www.nipccreport.org.