When politicians and scientists started calling people like me “deniers”, they crossed the line.
They indirectly equate (1) the skeptics’ view that global warming is not necessarily all manmade nor a serious problem, with (2) the denial that the Nazi’s extermination of millions of Jews ever happened.
Too many of us for too long have ignored the repulsive, extremist nature of the comparison. It’s time to push back.
I’m now going to start calling these people “global warming Nazis”.
Recently a global warming Nazi wrote:
"Sure, I call people like Spencer “deniers” not because of some imagined like (sic) to Nazis but because they are in denial."Amazing! The science has moved on, all their predictions have failed, the warming pause is in its 18th year and they call US "deniers?"
Another global warming Nazi wrote: "So basically climate change denialists are heading down to the tiny minority levels enjoyed by child abusers. Dare we make the correlation?"
Tiny minority. Really? No, that's a lie!
A poll of The American Meteorological Society members showed that it was roughly 50:50 believers and sceptics. And what a despicable attempt at blackening the realists; likening them to child abusers.
And "climate change deniers?" We don't deny that climate changes, rather the reverse. The global warming Nazis tried to deny that climate changes by flattening out the Little Ice Age and the Medieval Warm Period in the fraudulent hockey Stick Graph. See Who are the Deniers?
Joe Romm (I won't call him a global warming Nazi since he lost relatives in the Holocaust) although from the alarmist side, doesn't like his side using the denier term (link)
Over the years, I have explained why “denier” is not my preferred term. I tried to coin the terms “delayer” and “disinformer” for those who make a living spreading disinformation about climate science — and I still use the term ‘disinformer.’Disinformers? Really? WHO is disinforming? Who is still pushing the falsified AGW hypothesis? Who is still pushing the warming, even though there has been no warming for 17.5 years?
Therefore, are the global warming Nazis, really calling us deniers for our so-called "denial of their false science?" OR.. are they trying to cast the Holocaust slur?
Here are some of their quotes: (Courtesy Climate Depot)
- “The deniers of climate change are cut from the same cloth as Holocaust deniers. They’ve never been to the death camps, Auschwitz and Birkenau, so what they haven’t seen does not exist.“ - Charles Larson, American University (2013)
- “At its core, global warming denial is like Holocaust denial, an assault on common decency.“ - David Fiderer, The Huffington Post (2009)
- “It’s about the climate-change “denial industry”, …we should have war crimes trials for these bastards – some sort of climate Nuremberg.“- David Roberts, Grist Magazine (2006)
- “Let’s just say that global warming deniers are now on a par with Holocaust deniers.“ - Ellen Goodman, Boston Globe (2007)
- “I think these people are anti-science flat-earthers. …They are every bit as dangerous as Holocaust deniers.“ - Guy Keleny, The Independent (2013)
- “These are not debunkers, testing outrageous claims with scientific rigor. They are deniers – like Holocaust deniers.“ - Jim Hoggan, DeSmogBlog (2005)
- “Bluntly put, climate change deniers pose a greater danger than the lingering industry that denies the Holocaust.“ - Joel Connelly, Seattle Post-Intelligencer (2007)
- “Some people don’t believe in climate warning – like those who don’t believe there was a Holocaust.“ - Paul McCartney
- “Surely it’s time for climate-change deniers to have their opinions forcibly tattooed on their bodies.“ - Richard Glover, The Sydney Morning Herald (2011)
- “Denialism, a concept that was first widely used, as far as I know, for those who claimed that the Holocaust was a fraud, is the concept I believe we should use.“ - Robert Manne, La Trobe University (2009)
If it looks like an intended slur and quacks like an intended slur, it must be.......... from quacks!