All Scientists are Sceptics ~Professor Bob Carter

Whenever someone asserts that a scientific question is “settled,” they tell me immediately that they don’t understand the first thing about science. Science is never settled. Dr David Deming

Perhaps the most frustrating aspect of the science of climate change is the lack of any real substance in attempts to justify the hypothesis ~Professor Stewart Franks

A lie told often enough becomes the truth.
-- Vladimir Ilyich Lenin - See more at:
A lie told often enough becomes the truth.
-- Vladimir Ilyich Lenin - See more at:
A lie told often enough becomes the truth.
-- Vladimir Ilyich Lenin - See more at:

Thursday, 25 April 2013

The Beginning Of The End.


APRIL 25th 2013

by IPCC Expert Reviewer Vincent Gray


I have been neglecting you. Things have quietened down. I am 91 and it is high time I retired, like my friend Will Alexander in South Africa or my major protagonist, former Professor Martin Manning. I thought I would call it a day on Newsletter No 300.

When I began, in 1991 I was still in China. I got involved in commenting on the Reports of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and I just completed those on the Fifth Report which will surely be my last.

To begin with I was the only critical voice in New Zealand. Last week I attended a packed meeting of the Press Club in Wellington to hear Lord Monckton tear apart the IPCC and everything connected with it. The University scientists will not listen to him. But one of the organisers of the meeting was from the Music Department.

But, surely, we are at the beginning of the end.

The globe has stopped warming; even when measured by the botched-up biased system that they favour.

The Kyoto Protocol is dead. Emissions by former members are in steady decline compared with those from non-members

The support literature has dried up. I used to go to the University every month and photocopy the latest scientific outrage for these Newsletters. The only recent feeble attempt was the rapidly discredited attempt by Marcott to fabricate yet another Hockey Stick at

The “Economist” magazine has expressed doubts

A recent report by the Influential Swedish Research Institute SINTEF at

has shown that there is a genuine scientific controversy that should be encouraged; that it is by no means, “settled”

The Emissions Trading scheme is in retreat. European prices have headed for the bottom and they.are about to ditch their scheme. I do not know what has happened to our prices but you can all be assured that whatever happens to the Mighty River Power shares the incentives to go in for windmills and solar power will disappear and we can, eventually have a sensible, economical power policy which will include fracking, coal and small scale nuclear.

But you would hardly think so, listening to all of our politicians, or if you read the newspapers or watch TV. So let me finish by encouraging you all with this article by James Delingpole

Vincent Gray
Wellington 6035
New Zealand


  1. SINTEF is in Norway.....

  2. Good luck in your retirement and thank you for all you have done.


    1. Sorry I did not say I was retiring frpm commenting on climate change, I intend to continue as long as I am able

  3. Global Warming aka Climate Change is not man made, it is the SUN. In May 1963 I was married. We moved into our new house and I had my winter gear ready to wear. I did not need it as the winter was mild. The summer nights were hot and I was wearing Boxer shorts. Then 2009 the winter cold blasts came back and started at midday. So I was back wearing my winter gear. In the future the sun will be burning searing HOT drying up the surface water. The GW Scientists did not like my comments so they banned me. My Username is Acushla.

  4. Enjoy your 'retirement'. I feel sure you will remain on the sidelines to comment again at some stupid claim.
    Climate is heat driven and the only heat source is the sun. Recent solar resting means that the global temperature will fall regardless of atmospheric CO2. Paleoclimate studies show constant climate change from icehouse to hothouse without humans even evolving. let alone producing a climate driver.

    Enough said, have a great time resting.


All serious comments published after moderation.
Comments should be polite, and respect all views.
No bad language. Spam never makes it!