Professor Cliff Ollier, School of Earth and Environmental Studies, The University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia -Department of Geoecology and Palaeogeography, Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, Lublin, Poland
He tackles many of the myths associated with Global Warming Alarmism.
- Warming has ceased!
- Direct studies of sea level are showing only small rises.
- The greenhouse effect is real, but trivial. Water is the major greenhouse gas, about four to ten times more effective than CO2.
- Today the icecaps are increasing in thickness, and many glaciers are advancingSea ice shows no change in 30 years in the Arctic.
- To demonise CO2 again, a false claim is made that human production of CO2 will cause the oceans to become acid
- Many think that the political decisions concerning climate are based on scientific predictions. This is quite untrue: what the politicians get are projections based on models.
- Rising CO2 levels follow temperature rise as recorded in ice cores.
Quaestiones Geographicae 32(1),
Graphs showing monthly Antarctic, Arctic and global sea ice
extent since November 1978, according to the
Graph: Prof Ole Humlum Climate4You