On Mon 20th of August, Michael Smith gave an address to a packed Wesley Conference Centre in the heart of Sydney.
However, Fairfax are hitting back with some nasty stuff about cartoonist and blogger Larry Pickering (Link) Pickering's response is HERE.
What Slater & Gordon says is a matter for Slater & Gordon but Paul, my essential point here is, there’s a delving into matters 17 years ago – for what purpose?Here are a few matters that need addressing:
If you’ve got an allegation I did something wrong, put it. (Link to PM's web site)
- Setting up a bogus sham organization "AWU Workplace Reform Association;"
- No minutes of AWU meeting was requested; no resolution from AWU;
- Incorporated body was in contravention of AWU regulations;
- It is alleged that Ms Gillard herself threatened News Ltd;
- Ms Gillard told WA Corporate Affairs Commissioner that the body was to develop safe work places whereas, in her interview with S&G she said that it was a re-election or “slush” fund;
- Therefore she deceived the WA corporate affairs commissioner;
- Only two people involved whereas the commissioner in WA requires 5 people;
- Her lover paid a deposit out of the “slush fund” on a house – Ms Gillard attended the auction;
- potential conflict of interest in acting for the two men and the AWU
Did you ever create or cause any legal entity(ies) to be created with the letters AWU or words Australian Workers Union in its/their title(s)?
Did you create an Association known as “AWU Members Welfare Association”?
Did you establish or in any way instruct any person to establish any bank accounts associated with the “AWU Members Welfare Association” or “AWU Workplace Reform Association Inc” ?
Did you establish or in any way instruct any person to establish any bank accounts for the Australian Worker’s Union?
Did you receive any monies from any of the following bank accounts “AWU Workplace Reform Association” or “Australian Workers Union Members Welfare Association”?
Did you receive any clothes paid for by any other person or entity from the business known as Town Mode of Melbourne Fashion House?
Have you ever paid back any money to the Australian Workers’ Union?
Calls for PM Gillard to make a statement to Parliament (LINK The Australian)
Ms Gillard had strongly asserted she had done nothing wrong in relation to legal work for an allegedly corrupt Australian Workers Union official.
Mr Wilkie joined a call from Opposition Leader Tony Abbott for the prime minister to make a brief explanation to parliament.
"Serious allegations have been levelled at the prime minister and I think it would be helpful if she were to make a statement to the parliament to make absolutely clear her recollection of the events of years ago," he said in a statement.