Letter to the Editor by
Leon Ashby - President of The Climate Sceptics
The tax will not change the temperature of the planet one iota.
The assumptions about the science of CO2 will overheat the planet are incorrect. CO2 will have a very minor but beneficial amount of warming of the planet as the work of scientists Lindzen and Miskolczi have found.
Instead we are now going to impede Australian business competitiveness to overseas markets.
- We will pay billions for overseas carbon offsets;
- We will set up a carbon accounting bureaucracy costing $382 million per year;
- We will cost our bottom line by and extra $4 Billion;
- We will set up white elephant wind farms that cannot supply baseload power and
- we will have less jobs in Australia because the tax will hurt many
all the while dealing with the usual effects of natural climate change