"He warned ABC staffers that he would not tolerate anyone suppressing information, citing the fact that a BBC science correspondent knew for a month before the scandal broke of damaging emails at the University of East Anglia in Britain highlighting the politicised nature of climate science but did not report them."
NEWS WATCH (ABC) has several reports showing that his team has failed.
Where's Aunties Vigorous climate debate
In fact, the staff retaliated from their boss and said that they had their own position on climate change. In other words, they had decided to ignore the ABC's Editorial Policy.
The Editorial Policies are freely available to all staff and understanding of it is essential for all who have editorial responsibility for ABC content. A copy of the Editorial Policies and the ABC’s Code of Practice can be downloaded from this page.So, Although the Chairman asked his journalarmists to adhere to the ABC's code of Practice, they not only ignored him but actually did the opposite.
Now, this week the BBC is following suit.
That article makes a major mistake by the time it was two words into the article: Climate change
It is so hard to get this point home but the history is:
1) Man- Made ( or Anthropogenic) Global Warming AGW morphed into
2) Global Warming - and when the warming stalled
3) Climate Change.
Us- AGW Sceptics - looked at the science of AGW and found it wanting so
1) we were AGW sceptics; and then the man-made was dropped so they began calling us
2) Global Warming Sceptics -at that time, warming was still happening so we weren't GW Sceptics;
3) Climate Change: A misnomer -we believe climate changes, their religion does not.When Michael Mann et al produced the Hockey Stick Graph, it was an attempt to show that Climate hadn't changed for 1000 years until man started using fossil fuel. In other words, it was an attempt to show that Climate doesn't change and so the true Climate Change Sceptics are the Alarmists. The AGW sceptics bellieve that Climate Changes, that Climate has always changed.
Back to the BBC.
From the link above, we learn that the BEEB is no different from the ABC:
"The BBC has been repeatedly accused of bias in its reporting of climate change issues."
Well, we will have to wait and see if the BBC is more successful in getting even-handed reporting regarding the AGW hypothesis.
From the ABC's example, I don't think so!