“The Copenhagen Project”
Disputation on the Power and Efficacy of Carbon Indulgences – the 95 Theses
(after Dr. Martin Luther - 1517)
Out of love for the truth and the desire to bring it to light, the following propositions should be discussed throughout the world and should be attached to the UNFCC “Climate Church” door at Copenhagen this December, in defiance of the hegemony of the International Climate Change canon, and as a protest against the corrupt practice of the selling of Carbon Indulgences. In the name of humanity, freedom, peace and prosperity, Amen.
1. The Great Climate Change Preacher, when He forsook the futile pursuit of temporal power, decided that the life of His followers should be carbon repentance and remittance.
2. These words cannot be understood to mean real action to reduce environmental impacts, which is what is believed by the trusting people, but rather symbolic and costly penance via the creation and trade of carbon indulgences.
3. It means inward carbon repentance; and the penance must be performed by diverse mortifications of the economy and distortions of the financial system via the purchases for carbon indulgences.
4. The penalty [of carbon indulgences], must continue so long as the current world order exists, and is designed to continue until much of the developed nations’ wealth and jobs (and emissions) have has been transferred to the developing world, unless averted by war (which would occur likely long before any supposed “dangerous” climate change.)
5. In the beginning, Kyoto did not appear to consider the granting of free carbon permits, with disciples and national economic experts recommending against free permits, rightly arguing that this would place greater load upon those still having to pay for permits.
6. However, to be sure, governments now intend to grant free permits in cases reserved to their judgment and according to their own rules, to various parties but not to others adversely affected. However, if this right to selectively grant free permits and create special rules were not given, support by many large, wealthy and influential organisations would be lost.
7. The Climate Change Lord and Master remits guilt to no one whom he does not, at the same time, humble in all things and bring into subjection to his beliefs and those of the Climate Change body corporate, the IPCC.
8. Governments are to be praised in that penitential carbon indulgences will be imposed only on the living, and, according to them, not on the dead (yet).
9. The IPCC deceive us, because in their decrees they always seek to smother inquiry and disagreement with the false science of consensus.
10. Ignorant and wicked are the doings of those politicians and international bodies who ultimately seek to tax our nations to the point of penury.
11. The people’s acceptance of this guilt, and necessity for penance, is quite evidently a tare that was sown by propagandists whilst most of our esteemed leaders’ minds were asleep.
12. In all other matters of law, the full evidence of the case is considered before the verdict and imposition of penalties is handed down. In the case of the carbon indulgences, this process is reversed, with guilt and penalties imposed before the facts of the matter have been fully considered.
13. Globe trotting climate preachers act as if they are free from all emissions restrictions; they are already dead to commonsense, and seem to consider that they have a right to be released from the carbon restraints and costs that will be placed upon the common man.
14. The imperfect health of our scientific community and its lust for money, have encouraged this deceit, fear-, and guilt-mongering practiced upon innocent people, in order that climate change funding and careers may increase.
15. This frightening marketing of irrational fear and guilt to the people is sufficient alone to cause them to forget common-sense, and to willingly hand-over their future to the purveyors of despair, increased taxes and false carbon indulgences.
16. The strength of the idea of Climate Hell is significantly increased by the power of the media in striking fear into people’s hearts.
17. It seems that in the Western world, this new irrational religion has replaced the old.
18. However, it seems unproved, either by science or evidenced in the earth’s history, that we are destined to fall over the “Tipping Point” to “Climate Doom”, despite the preachings of the Climate Priests.
19. It does however seem that climate messengers, preachers and catastrophists are certain or assured of their own blessedness, though we may be quite doubtful of this.
20. By "full remission of carbon emissions”, the UNFCC means not actually "of all real emissions," but only of those as imposed and defined by itself.
21. Those preachers of climate doom are in error, who say that by adopting emissions trading a man is freed from every sin and saved.
22. For emissions trading to be imposed, the origin and true nature of carbon indulgences must be hidden from the people, for fear that such understanding would lead to rejection of this false tax.
23. For according to the UNFCC, the only acceptable carbon indulgences under Kyoto are those approved by themselves, and any nation that has signed the holy word of the Kyoto protocol must thereby follow its rules and decrees. Accordingly, most carbon indulgences must be purchased at a high price from the West’s industrial and agricultural competitors. Nearly half of the UNFCC Carbon Credits are created by the production and subsequent cheap destruction of industrial gases (not carbon dioxide) in the developing world, which can be sold at great profits of more than 1,000%.
24. It must needs be, therefore, that the greater part of the people are deceived by this indiscriminate, high-sounding and expensive promise of release from “carbon guilt”, and are blissfully unaware of the origin and nature many such carbon indulgences.
25. The extraordinary power which the IPCC has, in a general way, over adult minds, politicians and the media, seems to be just like the power which a parent or teacher has over the minds of the young. For when it comes to global warming, ordinary adult reason flies out the window.
26. Governments grant carbon remission to us, by the power of our money, which they have fooled us into thinking we owe them for our sins of emission.
27. They preach that as soon as the penny jingles into their money-box, the carbon is diminished from the air, and we are saved.
28. But it is certain that when this penny jingles, the gain and avarice of governments and carbon broker lobbyists will be increased, and their lust for higher carbon prices will grow.
29. Who knows whether all the people leading a prosperous and healthy life wish to be brought out of it, by paying highly for something of no proven value.
30. The Government preaches that no one is sure that his own contrition is sincere; except when it is paid for by carbon indulgences or the redistribution of the wealth of others.
31. Rare as is the carbon broker that is truly concerned about climate change, so rare is also the man who can truly afford low carbon energy, food and goods.
32. The IPCC, UNFCC, governments, climate catastrophists and financiers will be condemned eternally, together with their preachers, who believe themselves sure of their salvation because they have the right and power to redistribute our money for their own conscience, ambition and greed.
33. People must be on their guard against those who say that carbon indulgences are that inestimable gift of the UNFCC by which man is reconciled to his future.
34. For these carbon indulgences concern only the penalties placed on the developed Annex 1countries, for all other countries are free from such constraints and may create by artifice carbon off-sets and credits, which may be re-sold many times over.
35. They preach an anti-Human doctrine, who teach that the Precautionary Principle should be paramount in all matters, and that human needs for progress, development, prosperity and health should be ignored when compared to any unproven or surmised needs of the environment. For to follow the Precautionary Principles in all things would be to return to the cave.
36. Every enterprise has a right to pursue wealth and earnings, without having to buy carbon indulgences of unproven effectiveness.
37. Every person should have an opportunity for the blessings of life, without the burden of carbon indulgences.
38. The blessings of life are in no way to be despised, for they are most eagerly sought by those seeking to steal them by trading on our fears.
39. However it will be most difficult in the long term, even for the very best of propagandists, to, at one and the same time, commend the people to believe that their standard of living will keep rising simultaneously with ever increasing energy and food prices.
40. True environmental and social responsibility seeks to minimize impacts, whilst maintaining prosperity and freedom, and does not impulsively react to unproven hypothesis of future doom.
41. All excessive regulations, sin-taxes and undue hand-outs are to be approached with caution, lest the people may falsely think them preferable to personal good works and individual responsibility, or that the people become addicted to hand-outs and thus enslaved.
42. People should understand that many climate preachers and their organizations may be profiting exceedingly from the international carbon indulgence trade, by growth of their power and corporate income.
43. People should know that he/she who gives to the poor or lends to the needy does a better work than buying carbon indulgences.
44. Because love grows by works of love, and man becomes better; but by buying carbon indulgences man does not grow better, only more free from needless guilt taught to him by carbon preachers.
45. People are to be taught that when governments have citizens in need but pass them by, and instead make carbon taxes/permits compulsory, that such governments have lost sight of their primary responsibilities to their electors.
46. People should know that unless they have more than they need, they should keep back what is necessary for their own families, and not allow governments to squander it on unproven carbon indulgences.
47. The buying of carbon pardons and indulgences should be a matter of free will, and not of commandment.
48. People need to be aware that the governments, in selling carbon permits, in truth need their devout prayer more than the permit money they take.
49. People should know that carbon indulgences are more environmentally symbolic artifacts than anything of real value, or are mechanisms of wealth transfer, and have this power over us because they were created to reduce our fear simultaneously created by climate preachers, the IPCC, the media and governments.
50. People are to be taught to understand exactions of the carbon-preachers, who would prefer that we live in fear of the future, rather than take pride in and protect our society’s prosperity and freedoms for future generations.
51. It should be the climate bureaucrats’ wish, as it is their duty, to give of their own money to the very many of those from whom hawkers of carbon indulgences cajole money, even though the assets of the state might need to be sold to fund this.
52. The assurance of salvation by the purchase of carbon indulgences is vain, even though governments, nay, even though the IPCC itself, were to stake its electoral future or funding upon it.
53. They are enemies of mankind, who bid the Word of Climate Dissention be silenced, in order that carbon indulgences may be sold and traded.
54. Injury is done to democratic governance, when in the processes and institutions of government, an equal or a greater amount of time and money is spent on matters relating to climate doom and carbon laws, than to improving the common good of the people.
55. Governments use the dramatic threat of catastrophic climate change to distract the people from government failings, mismanagement and over-spending, and to create fear so that they can increase their electoral popularity by appearing to “save us” from the artifice of climate doom.
56. The benefits of the so-called "sustainable future", for whose development governments enforce carbon trading, is not sufficiently defined nor the true costs sufficiently known amongst the people. Nor is it clear by what mechanism a carbon tax/permit and the purchase of carbon indulgences will create a better future for anyone apart from carbon brokers and the power of government.
57. That this “future” is not a temporal benefit is certainly evident, for the vendors do not pour out material treasures or prosperity, but only gather the payments.
58. This merits of this “sustainable future” are not proven, even though our Governments may assureth us of this. Certainly it is hard to see how people’s future financial sustainability is guaranteed by increasing energy prices and exporting jobs.
59. At the birth of modern democracy, people once demanded that there should be no taxation without representation, and that religion and state must to be separate. However, now it seems in all matters relating to “sustainability”, that these fundamental ideals of democracy are forgotten.
60. Without rashness we say that the creation and sale of carbon indulgences, given by the UNFCC’s decree, are a financial treasure for governments and carbon merchants.
61. It is clear that if carbon indulgences and emissions trading show themselves to be unsuccessful, that governments will never admit to this. The refund of these penalties back to the people will never occur and governments will not take any responsibility for people’s loss of jobs and businesses.
62. The true treasure of the IPCC is the most holy gospel of “The Inconvenient Truth.”
63. But this treasure is naturally most odious, for it seeks to create unreasonable fear and makes impossible demands.
64. The treasure of carbon indulgences is naturally most (financially) acceptable for the carbon preachers and governments.
65. Therefore the treasure of “The Inconvenient Truth” is a net within which people are trapped just as they were formerly trapped by religions of fear, and extortion and slavery by their rulers.
66. The treasures of the indulgences are nets with which governments and carbon traders now fish for the riches of men.
67. The indulgences which the carbon traders sell as the "greatest off-set" are truly such, in so far as they promote maximum gain for the trader.
68. Yet they are in truth the very smallest degree compared with the gullibility of the public.
69. Our scientists and learned people are bound to admit that the science of human induced dangerous climate change is not proven and that bureaucratic consensus is not the same as scientific proof.
70. But still more are they bound to strain all their eyes and attend with all their ears, lest these men preach their own dreams instead of the common good of mankind.
71. He who speaks against the truth about climate catastrophism and carbon indulgences, let him be anathema and accursed!
72. But he who guards against the messages of fear and guilt of the climate-preachers, let him be blessed!
73. Where is the world leader who justly thunders against those who, by any art and influence, contrive to traffic in carbon indulgences?
74. But much more do the Western world leaders work against those who productively make goods and run factories, or farm the land, and thereby maintain man-kind’s prosperity and comfort.
75. That there are carbon off-sets that absolve those who spend much of their life flying to climate change conferences, and whose home may consume many times the average energy of a house, is hypocritical madness.
76. We say that carbon pardons do not make for a better society and environment, and that they are not able to remove people’s feelings of inadequacy or lead us to personal fulfillment. More likely they are created by governments and carbon preachers who will try to increase our guilt in order to add to their income and power.
77. It has to be said that the Great Climate Preacher, even if He had become a national leader, could not have significantly reduced national emissions without His country paying an unaffordable price.
78. It is clear that it is easier to appear to be reducing emissions and so appear to be averting “climate doom”, by implementing emissions trading, than to maintain prosperity and properly plan for the wide range of the likely future problems and disasters.
79. To think that the actions of the UNFCC (whose UN logo is emblazoned with olive branches), will increase world peace, is a fantasy, because wars are most commonly fought over the access to, and prices of, fundamental resources such as energy.
80. Governments, climate preachers, media and academics who encourage the talk of unreasonable climate fear to be spread among the people, will have an account to render.
81. This unbridled preaching of climate catastrophe and the “urgent need for carbon trading” will make it no easy matter in the long term, even for learned spin-doctors, to rescue our governments from the shrewd questionings of the common man.
82. To wit: -- "Why didn’t the UN ensure their climate science was correct, before creating an (unproven) system of expensive carbon permits and carbon indulgences, and so adversely affecting people’s jobs, businesses and farms?”
83. Again: -- "Why are cap-and-trade and carbon-indulgences the only ways that the UN/Kyoto allows countries to reduce carbon emissions, when these mechanisms are unproven in their effectiveness?”
84. Again: -- "What is this blind obeisance to the belief in climate doom and the authority of the IPCC/UNFCC, that people and businesses will willingly pay for unproven carbon indulgences in order to paint themselves as the climate pious?”
85. Again: -- "Why are the penitential canons of guilt and original sin long since in actual fact and through disuse abrogated and dead, now reborn by the marketing of climate doom and the selling of carbon-indulgences, as though science and economics have been lost, and we have reverted to the ignorance and doctrinaire society of the Dark Ages?”
86. Again: -- "Why don’t the world’s great climate preachers, whose wealth in many cases is far greater than most others, fund and build just one Carbon Capture and Storage plant and so put into practice their preachings about the affordability and achievability of a low carbon future?”
87. Again: -- "What special privileges are there that the governments remit, and what undue access and influence do they grant, to those organisations, who, by perfect carbon contrition, have supported government carbon policy?”
88. Again: -- "What greater blessing could come to the world if the climate preachers and bureaucrats, NGO spokespeople, and national leaders, were to live as they espouse the common man should live, with low carbon emissions and therefore simply and in poverty?”
89. "Since the UNFCC by the design of its carbon pardons and carbon trading, will transfer wealth, jobs and emissions away from the developed world, why aren’t these fundamental issues discussed openly amongst our leaders?”
90. To repress these arguments and scruples of the laity by denigration, censorship and selective information, and not to resolve them by giving reasons, is to expose governments, NGO’s, scientists, the IPCC and the UNFCC to ridicule, and ultimately will make people lose respect for our leaders, science and international bodies.
91. If climate science, carbon mitigation methods, and their effectiveness and costs were openly discussed in our parliaments and congresses, conflicts would be reduced and many issues resolved. But, however, political advantage and income in the form carbon indulgences would be lost, and thereby the main reason for the preaching of climate doom would cease to exist.
92. Away, then, with all those climate prophets who say to the people, “The world is coming to an end” and “Carbon trading will save you”.
93. Blessed be all those who say to the people, “Beware of those who preach fear and doom”.
94. People are to be exhorted that they be diligent in following science, reason and technology, and stand strong against the merchants of panic and fear.
95. And thus be confident of having a life of prosperity, health and freedom, rather than the poverty and loss of freedom arising from a system of carbon indulgences.
To see the original 95 Theses of Martin Luther (1517) put up on the door of the Church at Wittenburg, go to http://www.iclnet.org/pub/resources/text/wittenberg/luther/web/ninetyfive.html
These modern day “Theses” are not meant to give insult to the “late” Dr.Martin Luther, his descendants and Church, nor to the modern Catholic Church, which have all achieved a lot of good in the world and helped to bring health, education, learning, prosperity and unifying/sound social values to many societies and people in the world. This is a creative work (using the skeleton and concept of Martin Luther’s document of 1517) which has the intention to satirise the weaknesses and flaws in the science, politics and “marketing” of the theory (religion?) of “dangerous global warming”. In particular it seeks to highlight, by humour and analogy to the indulgences of the medieval church, the flawed, uneconomic and unproven mitigation methods/effectiveness of emissions trading and the creation of/trade in carbon credits. The orthodoxy of these two methods of emissions reduction is extraordinary, and they are in fact the only methods approved by the UNFCC and therefore the only mechanisms allowed under Kyoto (for more information go to http://unfccc.int/kyoto_protocol/items/2830.php). This orthodoxy, combined with the average person’s lack of power to change it, plus the cost the carbon permit (tax!) and carbon-credit system, can only remind one of the divine right of Kings and the Church in the medieval times, and their ability to take (tax! Charge for Indulgences!) whatever they wanted from the people, often by using the fear of God and Hell, or ultimately the rule of force. Fortunately our society hasn’t come to that (yet!), although some eco-terrorists may wish it to be so. There is no intention to portray any real, living or dead characters in this document, and any resemblance that may appear is purely coincidental. All people portrayed in this document are purely symbolic, in fact, very much like carbon trading itself.